Terms & Conditions
1. The Greener Camping Club
2. PaymentWe request a 50% conditionally-refundable deposit when booking a camping pitch or yurt. Receipt of the deposit secures your booking. Please note that the deposit includes full payment (£10) for your Greener Camping Club membership. Pitches and yurts are held provisionally for up to seven days, after which, if we have not received your deposit, the dates will be released. The balance is required six weeks prior to your arrival date. If we do not receive your balance by this time, we will assume you have cancelled your holiday and release the dates - see below. For short lead-time bookings - ie. those booked less than six weeks before arrival, the full amount will be requested to secure the booking.
3. Cancellation by YouIf you cancel your holiday six weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund your deposit less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. If you cancel your holiday less than six weeks before your arrival date and we are able to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, we will refund your deposit and balance, less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. In the event that we are unable re-let your dates, no refund will be made. Bookings are not transferable to another family without our prior agreement in writing. If you are concerned about the prospect of cancellation, please take out holiday insurance. Please see further info below.
Special Coronavirus Condition - added 18th March 2020If, as a result Government restrictions on campsites we are forced to cancel your holiday, we make a heartfelt request that rather than a refund, we instead hold your deposit as a credit against a later stay, valid for up to 18 months from your original holiday dates. If you postpone until next year your Greener Camping Club membership will be carried over to the end 2021.
As a small business, we are wholly dependent on your custom for our survival. We realise these are difficult times for all, but your support will help us get through this and continue to make Ty Parke a wonderful place to stay.
4. Cancellation by UsTy Parke Farm Camping reserves the right to cancel a camping or yurt holiday at short notice if we are unable to provide safe yurt accommodation or camping environment, due to extreme weather conditions, ill health, fire, flooding or any other extenuating circumstances beyond our control. Under such circumstances, your full payment will be returned to you. Ty Parke Farm Camping cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by cancellation. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable.
5. ChildrenThere are many opportunities for play and adventure on our little farm. Our aim is for children to have a truly enriching experience of space and freedom. But because Ty Parke is a working farm (albeit quite a sleepy one) there are contingent risks to be aware of. We allow (in fact we encourage) campfires, we have a couple of axes for making kindling and splitting firewood, the yurts have wood burning stoves, there is a shallow stream bounding our land, we have horses and sheep, we make hay in the summer - so there are tractors around. These risks are small and should be self-evident - but if you are not clear, please ask! Ty Parke Farm Camping accepts no responsibility for injury incurred on site. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times.
6. Cars & CampervansThe speed limit while on the farm is 5 mph. If you are staying in the Camping Meadow you may take your car down to your pitch (or the Ash Tree Yurt) on arrival day to set up - and on departure day to pack up. For the rest of your stay, cars must be parked in the stable yard. Campervans are only permitted on secluded pitches. If we have had periods of prolonged rain and on arrival or departure days the ground is considered (by me) to be too soft to drive on, please use the wheelbarrows and trolleys to transport you gear. Help will be provided by us if required. If you are booked to stay on one of the secluded pitches or hideaway yurts, vehicles may be taken on the hardened tracks - but again, following prolonged periods of rain we may ask that you leave your vehicle in the stable yard or on the hardstanding. Notwithstanding the weather conditions, we encourage you to leave the car up in the yard and leg-it to you pitch or yurt!
7. Recycling & RubbishA condition of camping here that you recycle your rubbish. That means separating glass, cans, plastic, paper, cardboard etc. and placing them in the special bins provided in the barn. What is left, ie. only items that are not recyclable, can be placed in the small landfill bin.
8. Badgers and FoxesIt's nice to know that you are perhaps only metres from a badger sett or a fox den. At night you'll probably hear them scurrying around. The problem is that they are looking for an easy feast and may try to raid your food stocks and recycling. One or two simple precautions will help. Put your food in suitable, hard containers and your recycling in the bins provided. Don’t leave food scraps lying around and make sure your tent is zipped up at bedtime.
9. Campfires & FirewoodPlease only use the designated campfire places and do not enlarge or alter the position of the designated campfire places. Please do not melt the firewood tubs - just be sure that they are not too close to your blaze. Do not leave your campfire unattended and think carefully about whether or not to light a fire if it is windy. Place the money for firewood in the honesty box by the woodpile or settle up when you leave. A tub of firewood is as much as you can get in.
10. Consideration for OthersThis is a peaceful, quiet campsite for the enjoyment of nature. We do not allow radios, stereos or other sound systems and only quiet talking is permitted after 10.30pm. Acoustic instruments can be played before then, such as guitars, harmonicas, flutes etc. Noisy visitors who disturb other guests will be asked politely to leave, without refund (this has never needed to happen). If you are out for the night and arrive back late, please leave your car in the stable yard (a torch will be useful to help you find your way to your tent or yurt).
11. DogsSorry but we no longer permit dogs. However, please note that we are not an entirely dog-free site. We have our own sheep dog (a border collie) and we do still permit a small number of well-behaved dogs from campers who have been staying with us for years.
12. SmokersAll the yurts and all the undercover facilities are strictly NO SMOKING. If you smoke, do it outside and dispose of your cigarette ends in the campfire or bin.
13. The WeatherIn common with all of wild west Wales, this campsite can be subjected to extreme weather conditions. Very strong winds and torrential rain can occur at any time of year, though we are fortunate in that we do not flood. You must ensure that your tent is robust and correctly erected - and avoid pitching in any obvious dips. A Met Office weather forecast is put on the notice board each morning.
14. Chemical Toilet DisposalIf you bring a portable toilet and wish to dispose of the contents in our disposal point (CDP), please ensure that the chemical used does not contain formaldehyde, chlorine, bleach or any other corrosive/toxic chemical. We can supply (at cost) a chemical that is 100% biodegradable and septic tank friendly.
15. Property LossTy Parke Farm Camping cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen property. We have never had an incidence of theft and we very much hope we never do.
Additional Terms & Conditions
These relate only to yurt bookings
Gas for the Camp KitchenGas for the camp kitchen cooker is included in the price of the booking. Please use the gas cooker in accordance with our instructions and never leave anything aflame if you are not in attendance.
Breakages & DamageIn the unlikely eventuality that upon arrival you find any items or fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery are broken, damaged or missing, please report it to Gary or Annie and it will be replaced as soon as possible.
Should any significant damage or breakage occur, other than acceptable wear and tear, a charge for replacement may be made. We reserve the right to charge for excessive cleaning where a yurt has been left in an unacceptable condition, through waste, litter, interference in the structure, movement of furniture and contents etc. Guests will be held responsible for any fire, smoke or general damage, or alteration to the structure caused by negligence.
Carrie, Peter, Freya, Gus. Read more
Emma & Honey. Read more
Escape to Pembrokeshire…
Get back to nature and enjoy a fantastic camping or yurt holiday at this lovely campsite:
- Close to breathtaking, unspoilt beaches
- 52 acres of private farm and woodland to enjoy and explore
- Just 12 camping pitches and three amazing yurts
- Cosy campfires on every pitch
- Pizza nights right through the summer!
- Five-star showers and facilities
- Undercover areas for rainy days
- Wetsuits, body boards and kayaks to borrow
It’s the stuff of lasting memories, with our peaceful location, friendly atmosphere, great facilities, crackling campfires, spacious pitches and three lovely yurts.